Production Planning: Timeboxing

With a 4 week production timeline I feel the need to plan my actions to fit within this time constraint. I once listened to a talk by the Game Developer 'Double Fine', and they mentioned a concept called 'Timeboxing' for their production process, so I decided to look it up.

Timeboxing is a Planning technique common in planning projects (typically for software development), where the schedule is divided into a number of separate time periods (timeboxes, normally two to six weeks long), with each part having its own deliverables, deadline and budget.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeboxing

Although typically associated with software development, it seems an ideal model for me to use over the 4 week production timeline. While not taking the form of boxes, I have drawn up a time table for my sketchbook containing 2 goals (deliverables) per week, all clearly labeled with their due date. The budget does not factor in to my needs so I have omitted it.

This should ensure a tighter work pipeline by allowing me to see at a glance where I should be at any given time.