Problem: Webcam Not Working

Now that I have begun working on my processing project at home on my windows machine, the webcams that were provided will not work with my windows 7 or Windows Vista installations. The hardware I am using is the Sony Playstation Eye Camera made for the PS3. The drivers for Mac allowed the camera to work with processing but I cannot get it to work on PC.

Here are the drivers I have found:

The drivers allow the Playstation Eye to function as a webcam. It comes with an application for you to view and capture footage which seems to work perfectly fine. When running any processing sketch that uses video it would return errors saying that it cannot find the camera feed.

I contacted Seb for help with the problem and he responded:


I couldn't afford a Mac, nor had access to one so I bought 2 more webcams. One of them didn't work either but the second one I did get to work with the webcam examples in processing.