Problem: OpenCV Not Working

I have had some major problems getting OpenCV working under windows. Working with my classmate Guy Willis he has helped me install OpenCV. The OpenCV library paths were not set correctly, and so I had to edit the 'Environmental Variables' under advance system settings and add "C:\Program Files(x86)\OpenCV\bin;" to the system paths. With that corrected I stopped getting errors. This was not the end of my problems however.

Even though I got processing to recognise the new camera, and eventually got OpenCV working via a hack, it refuses to work with OpenCV. The errors are gone but the stage doesn't show the camera feed at all, or any indication that it is working. This makes me completely unable to test anything I write.

I have done all I can at the moment to solve this issue. I have spoken to Seb with no available solution in sight, and looked up as many possible solutions on internet forums as I can. The only solution I can think of is to put in a lot of extra hours at the University so I can come in and use the Macs there.