Nike Logo

Considering my idea relies mostly on a blank screen (when no motion is detected) I thought it would be beneficial (and an improvement over my original mask idea) to have an additional image in the form of a logo in the corner of the screen.

The actual Nike logo is simple enough. I don't want to reinvent that, I wan it to be recognisable as Nike. To recreate the Nike look I used the font Impact and skewed it using free transform to make it look highly italicised.

The element that needs to differentiate itself is the 'magic', since it is a new type of shoe. In my brainstorming magic suggests elegance (images of traditional magicians with the suit, cape and top hat come to mind) and extravagance (since that is the nature of magic). Based on this I chose a font which is seriffed, cursive and ornamental. In the end I chose Bickham Script Pro, with a blue gradient on it to go with my colour scheme.

I tried various fonts, mostly script based fonts to see what would work best. I made the choices based on my brainstorming and idea development.


The bleeding cowboys font is very ornamental and also seriffed which fits with what I feel like the word magic needs. It is a 'grunge' font however, and features texturing and broken edges which I think goes against Nike's branding which I would like to maintain.

Brush Script has a good amount of cursive but the edges are so rounded that it might be a bit too soft and cartoon-like.



Edwardian script is a possibility as it is cursive, serif and ornamental with it's use of strokes.

Giddyup seems too gimmicky. The star dotted i is a cheap way of linking stars and magic. It's highly ornamental but perhaps too childish for Nike's image.

Bickham script shares all of of Edwardian Script's qualities but is bolder in certain letters. Another possibility.

Script MT Bold is much like bickham and edwardian but much less ornamental and therefore a bit more plain.


Here is an mockup of my final choice: