Masking

The idea that I have developed in my sketchbook and decided to go with is the light painting idea, with the mask over the top. Making the motion sensitive painting effect will be written in code, but the mask placed over the top will be produced in photoshop so I have decided to do some mockups of what the mask could be like.

Placing a black image on a black background will mean that the image cannot be see. By selectively cutting areas out of the black image and placing it over the camera feed anything moving underneath will show through in these areas. This means that I need to export the mask image as a PNG with transparency so it can be overlayed (and appears after the camera feed in the code).
















This is my first idea for a mask. The classic Nike 'tick' logo is the most prominent feature and is large because as users fill it in it will be the most recognisible of anything. Attached to it I have put a slogan 'Experience the magic', which refers to what they are doing as experiencing magic as well as wearing the shoe being experiencing the magic.

A simple illustration of the magic show is in close proximity as well which users can fill in. I have also placed a small star in the corner just to test out a shape with many more sides.


The shoe illustration isn't very appealing at the moment, and I feel like I need to add more things relevant to the Nike brand (such as Nike sports accessories) to give it more of a theme.